Google+ Make Up and Stilettos: Job Interview Manicure

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Job Interview Manicure

A job interview is a special occasion in everybody's life. Beside your knowledge and the answers you give, your clothing, makeup and manicure is also very important. Your look can either help or break the process. That's why it is so important to choose the right look for the position.
If your prospective employers can imagine working with you based on your answers and your look then you might have a slight advantage over your competition. Let's admit that the physical representation of yourself is very important. This is your personal marketing after all.
Last week I was interviewing for an office position at the capital city. As I was applying for a conservative position at a company which atmosphere and workers are young, I decided to go with the nude tend on my nails. I chose Dusty Rose from Jordana as it is a fashionable nude yet conservative and office appropriate at the same time.

Jordana Dusty Rose nail polish

As you can see it on the picture the polish is a brownish pink that is brown enough to be neural and pink enough to be youthful. This polish has a shiny finish without containing any shimmer. Consistency-wise the product is fluid yet creamy at the same time.
The application is smooth and non streaky. In the picture I applied the polish in two thin layers without using any top or bottom coat. I absolutely love Jordana polishes as they are very long lasting. In this picture my manicure is actually 7 days old!!!! You can see some wearing off at the tips but no chipping.

I Highly recommend this polish as it makes a very nice every day school or office appropriate polish.


5 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the color of this polishes. I like how jordana products are so affordable. I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin. Checkout my blog, if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice this colour, I am impressed that it lasted so long on you!! I wish you good luck with the job hunt!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! We have just found your blog and we´ve liked it very much! We follow you! :D Hope you like our blog too :)
    We send you a very big hug!
    www.melodiasporescrito.com

    ReplyDelete